Leave a Nest Co. Ltd. will host TECH PLAN DEMO DAY in MALAYSIA on June 3rd, 2016 at University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur.
Twelve startups originating from research labs in academia will gather and give presentations about their business ideas based on their technology. To this day, these teams have worked on their ideas and presentation with mentors from Leave a Nest.
In this event, teams from universities such as University of Malaya, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan and startups will present their ideas. All participating teams are as follows:
- Novel, non-toxic palm oil derived dental filling
- Chemotherapy for liver cancer by a wild herb substance
- User friendly ink re-fill system demanded by educators
- Rapid and accurate diagnostic system with DNA sensor
- Eco-friendly fruits vinegar production
- Fermented Momordica juice with anti-diabetic characters
- Solution for food waste problem with novel bacteria
- New acoustic drum system by sound engineer
- Production of porous nickel titanium dental implant
- Novel high quality artificial skin
- Smart Intelligent Ankle technology device
- Skin care product by algae grown in POME
■About Tech Planter Asia Pacific
The program is supporting over 40 companies in the early seed stage in hardware, biotech, and agricultural technology, providing services from mentoring to business planning and fundraising. The companies come from Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, and Thailand. The program has 200 teams in 2016, up from 145 in 2015, and works with universities, corporates, and VCs to help find and accelerate startups in more unique spheres of tech. The combination of academic scientific researchers, business ideas, and corporates, makes for a very unique environment where academics are exploring the business ideas of tomorrow and not just the back-end technology. The program also provides applicants a platform to pitch their business ideas directly to large businesses and corporates.
Tech Planter is currently traveling the world, and will be in Malaysia on June 3, in Thailand on June 19, in Singapore on July 23, and in Taiwan on August 28. The winner from these rounds will be invited to join the other winners in the finals in Tokyo.
Tech in Asia article about Tech Planter and Japanese tech ventures
Tech Planter http://en.techplanter.com/
Any questions or inquiries for this event, please e-mail us: [email protected]
Attention to Ryuta Takeda in Global Platform Development Division.