We are opening doors to students aged 8-10 years old who would be interested to join our inaugural ONE Earth workshop which is powered by euglena.
Workshop title: Food Detective: Be the first EBI agent
Date: 27 Nov. 2021 15:30-17:00
Target: 8-10 years old
Workshop fee: U.P. 20 SGD~, workshop is FREE this time being supported by euglena
Capacity: 16 students (registration first come first serve)
Program done in English
In this workshop students will have an opportunity to learn about
- foundation of science research through
- power of observation
- testing the questions (hypothesis)
- basic approach to plan for observation/experiments at home
Participants will be
- observing the shrimp/prawn to learn about it through observation
- learning about why the colour changes when shrimp/prawn is cooked
- listening to the talk by researcher
All of the above can be done from the comfort of home. Program is carried out fully online.
You will also have a chance to hear from scientist Dr. Kengo Suzuki about his research work. He is the co-founder and researcher for the company euglena. This is an exciting opportunity for you to hear directly from the scientist who is creating new food and also bio-fuel from micro-organism euglena.
Materials to be prepared by the participants:
- Shrimp/Prawn x 3
- Magnifying glass or smartphone
- Hot water/Cold water
- chopsticks or tongs
- plates and bowl
Please register from here: LINK
If your school is interested in having a customized program at your school, please contact us.
info-asia”at mark” lne.st
attention to Leave a Nest Singapore, Malaysia or the Philippines
contents created by