In a strategic partnership with JETRO Yokohama, Leave a Nest group recently organised an immersive tour in Singapore for 10 promising Japan-based startups from January 25th to 27th, 2024. The tour aimed to facilitate valuable connections, explore potential collaborations, and provide insights to enter Singapore's dynamic market and startup ecosystem.
The tour focused on two key aspects crucial for startup growth.
First, Government: Exploring connections with government organisations such as BLOCK71, PIER71, ACE, SGInnovate, and EnterpriseSG, to unveil strategies for foreign startups entering Singapore. Second, Corporate: Engaging with corporations like IPI, One&Co, Capitaland, and Vidacity to identify partnership opportunities.
This was followed by a more serendipitous approach to scientific innovation.
Hyper Interdisciplinary Conference: The tour concluded with the Hyper Interdisciplinary Conference held at the National University of Singapore on January 27th. The conference provided a platform for startups to showcase their technologies through poster sessions and 4-minute pitches, giving room to serendipitous connections with 150+ researchers, students, corporates, and local startups.
- ARK – Closed environment sustainable onshore aquaculture system.
- LOOVIC – A wearable navigation device that delivers information while city walking.
- CODE Meee – Provides aromatherapy to cleanse odours and air pollution with fragrances.
- Kaman – Reusable shared container app for restaurants. Collect and return at any of the partner outlets.
- PLANTX – Indoor vertical farming plant production machines.
- Zip Infrastructure – Ropeway transportation.
- buoy – Upcycling projects for marine plastics.
- Seaside Robotics – Develops and manufactures marine litter recovery robots. Detects litter from the sky using a drone's high spectral camera.
- miibio – Control metabolic pathways of microorganisms with light to scale up biomaterial production.
- Innovare – Biofuel production business, extracting oil from rubber seed husks.
Having participated in the tour, the startups not only have information on methods to enter Singapore, but also connections with Singaporean organisations should they wish to pursue the opportunity.
Leave a Nest is continually seeking to serve as the bridge between scientific ideas across industries. Through providing touch points for Japanese and Singaporean innovators, Leave a Nest aims to promote sustainable practices, foster innovation and transform deep tech across the world. Sincere appreciation to each contributor to this programme’s success!
For more information, please reach out to the Leave a Nest team.
Email: info-asia “at” lne.st (Attention Addi)