Event: Career Discovery Forum (CDF) in Singapore 2019
Date: 14th May 2019
Time: 08:30 – 17:00 (registration from 08:30 – 09:00)
Venue: At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy. 28 Tai Seng St, Singapore 534106 (Sakae Building, Level 5).
Free lunch for the first 100 to register!
Register Here Now! http://bit.ly/cdfsg2019
Are you a:
[Student, graduate or researcher]
- University student or graduate in a science-based program who is unsure of what career pathway to pursue, looking for an internship, thinking to start your own business or just want guidance to plan your future career?
- Researcher looking for collaborations with companies or to obtain industry feedback on your research projects?
- Jobseeker open to exploring various industries?
- Want to learn about where your skills and knowledge can lead you?
- Company that is looking for new talents to hire or take in interns?
- Company that would like to share their vision and mission and seek out like-minded people to join and grow with the company?
If you said “yes” to any of the above, then Career Discovery Forum Singapore 2019 is for you! Leave a Nest Singapore Private Ltd. will be hosting a Career Discovery Forum (CDF) in Singapore on the 14th of May 2019 for the first time and all are welcome to join the event!
CDF is a unique event which started in Tokyo, Japan in 2016. It was introduced by Leave a Nest Group and started as a seminar where university students, researchers and companies exchanged thoughts and visions with the aim to create new science research topic and design future careers together. Unlike other career fairs, CDF gave the opportunity for employers to identify potential talents outside normal recruitment channel.
About CDF in Singapore 2019
CDF is coming to Singapore for the first time on 14th May 2019 with the objective of:
- Bridge the knowledge gap between Science and Technology and business.
- Providing Singapore with a platform where university undergraduates/postgraduates of Science and Technology background can explore and seek unconventional or alternate career paths from their field of study they may not have thought about.
- Providing the opportunity for employers (science-based corporations, R&D centres, and startups) to identify potential talents outside normal recruitment channels.
- Allow students to understand and be exposed to different industry.
- Allow companies share about their mission and vision and to seek like-minded talents to join them.
- Designing lasting careers together through mutual understanding and partnership.
> Register Here Now! http://bit.ly/cdfsg2019 <
In order to achieve the aims of the event, we will be hosting several activities such as:
Keynote speeches from leading industries
Sharing of company’s future direction, mission and vision. Speakers will also share their vast experience and participants may be able to pick up some useful hints to begin their career discovery journey!
Panel discussion sessions
The panel sessions will be conducted with the objective of enabling participants to discover careers in industries they might have never thought of entering. It will give an overview of the various types of industries and the kind of people needed to drive those industries forward.
Exhibition of company research projects or products. Representatives of participating companies will also be there to answer any questions.
Open discussion booths
Participants can pitch their ideas and have discussions with the company to see how they can come up with fresh and innovative ideas to solve real-world industry problems. It also provides a great opportunity to discover new career pathways and learn more about the company and industry and whether it is an area in which you might want to venture into.
|08:30 – 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 – 10:00||Opening and Keynote speeches|
|10:00 – 11:00||Exhibition and Discussion booth session|
|11:00 – 12:00||Panel session 1: Working in education/ academic sector.|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 – 14:00||Panel session 2: Startup lifestyle: can vision alone create viable business to bring change to the world?|
|14:00 – 15:00||Exhibition and Discussion booth session|
|15:00 – 16:00||Panel session 3: Working in a big corporate environment.|
|16:00 – 17:00||Closing ceremony + Network session + Booth session|
FREE LUNCH for the first 100 people to register!
Come on down to discover more about how you can prepare yourself to take on the challenges ahead in your pursuit of a fulfilling and lasting career! Meet and mingle with key figures of their respective industry from startups to MNCs!
Please visit https://en.lne.st/ for more updates in the future!
Register here: http://bit.ly/cdfsg2019
About At-Sunrice Event Partner:
At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy is an EduTrust-certified institution that cultivates global chefs and F&B professionals in an environment of culinary authenticity. The Academy imparts skills and knowledge in East and West, Old World and New World cuisines, herbs and spices, innovation and technology. A synchronised study-apprenticeship rotation enable the students to expand their horizons beyond the classrooms, maximising their employability and preparedness for careers as global chefs and F&B professionals upon graduation.